Friday 1 April 2011

Market, Money, Missing home

It hasn't stopped raining in monsoon like fashion and that is enough to get anyone down. Being so far from home is starting to take its toll emotionally... I called my little girl Ella who cried lots.

Made the most of being here as I have promised myself and my family to do - went to the Markets and to Grace's house after work. We have become good pals already and she is loving Lady Gaga and the new Adele album!

For dinner my favourite meal of sweet potato was lovingly prepared for me -  and there's nothing like comfort eating to alleviate being homesick.

This week Grace and I have accomplished a great deal. I have set up an administration budget for COYIDA. The challenge that they face is that they get the funding but nobody wants to pay for the administrative work that they do - they just want the money to go to the front line.

COYIDA have four bank accounts and we have set up spreadsheets to reconcile them all. I have set up a nominal code list and a project list so that everything can be allocated correctly.

Finally I have reviewed and amended the finance manual, set up a petty cash procedure and a procurement procedure.... all of which will make a big difference to the way things are organised.

I am off to the lakes this weekend so have packed my bags and am heading to Nhkata Bay
Patrick and his family get to have their home back for the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Anita, your blog is extremely entertaining. Thanks for putting up so many photos. Always good to see what things look like. Hope you are not too homesick. Enjoy your weekend away.
    Apeksha

    ReplyDelete